Turnaround Time

Ive had this device for about 6 months. Ive had nothing but issues.

After about 4 violations in one month saying i missed rolling tests when i wasnt even in my truck i talked them into switching the blow device. I didnt have not one issue that wasnt my fault after they switched it out. About a month ago i paid $150 to have my device transferred to my other vehicle on top of paying up to date with everything ($500) Ive had 4 violations in a month. 2 of which was my fault.

My most recent one started while i was driving and the device kept shutting off and turning back on about 15 times. It then asked me to blow. After i blew it shut off, turned back on and made me blow again. No violations during that.

About 4 days ago i was driving to an AA meeting and it asked for a rolling test. I blew and it said hum longer or stronger. I did what it asked and then it said blow softer and then hum longer. It kept doing thid through the whole count down until i got a violation and then gave me another count down.

It kept saying i was doing it wrong thr whole time until about 30 seconds left and it passed. Mind you i have never smoked a day in my life and have been sober for about a year and a half, so my lungs are fine. I have not had an issue this whole time with how i blow into it until now. I called smart start 3 times waiting 40 minutes each time and the manager kept telling me i was blowing wrong and that the malfunction that i was talking about was the system restarting to correct itself so it wasnt malfunctioning.

I have owned up to any mistake i have made with my own violations or tests ive missed but when something on their end happens they tell me its not them but its me.

This company is a scam. Stay away if you can or find another company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Smart Start Ignition Interlock Device.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 02.

Comments